A comprehensive guide on how to get an urgent visa on arrival to Vietnam.
What is Vietnam visa on arrival?
The Vietnamese visa on arrival is granted to those who visit to Vietnam for tourism purposes. It is a process of getting a pre-approved visa letter from Vietnamese government to check in at departure airport and get passport stamped upon arrival.
Vietnam visa on arrival eligible countries
Following countries are eligible for the visa on arrival program:
|France||Who want to stay for more than 15 days|
|Germany||Who want to stay for more than 15 days|
|Italy||Who want to stay for more than 15 days|
|Spain||Who want to stay for more than 15 days|
|United Kingdom||Who want to stay for more than 15 days|
|Singapore||Who want to stay for more than 30 days|
|United States||Visa required|
|New Zealand||Visa required|
Visa on arrival requirements
The requirements to get a visa on arrival for Vietnam are as follows:
- Valid passport (6 months of validity at the time of arrival)
- 2 or more blank pages on passport
- 2 passport size photos (4*6cm)
- Pre-approved letter (from Vietnamese government)
- Stamping fee: 25 USD for a single entry 30 day visa
How to get an urgent visa on arrival for Vietnam
It normally takes 3-5 working days to obtain an approval letter from the Vietnamese government through a local agency. However, it is possible to get it in 2-3 working hours or even during weekends or holidays.
Steps to follow:
- Apply online using a secure form.
- Receive the approval letter by email.
- Present the approval letter to the airline at the departure airport.
- Head to the “Visa on arrival” window on arrival at Vietnam airport.
- Present documents, stamping fee and wait for 15 minutes for the passport stamp.
Main checkpoints in Vietnam for visa on arrival
There are total 6 checkpoints where nationals from eligible countries are able to get visa on arrival to enter Vietnam.
- Noi Bai International airport
- Da Nang International Airport
- Cam Ranh International Airport (Nha Trang)
- Dalat International Airport
- Tan Son Nhat International Airport (Ho Chi Minh city)
- Phu Quoc International Airport
Visa on arrival is not available at any land border gates.
- Apply for an approval letter 1-2 week in advance to avoid emergency processing fee.
- Prepare 2 passport-size photo before you to as there is no photo service at Vietnam airport.
As of August 18, 2022: visa on arrival is currently unavailable, you can only apply for a tourist or business e-visa to Vietnam.
- Official e-visa website: https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/trang-chu-ttdt
- Expedited e-visa service: https://www.vietnamvisa.com/emergency-visa.html